Last revised December 1st, 2021.
EXAXE Solutions Informatiques Website Privacy Statement – Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Online Privacy Protection.
1. Collection of personal information
EXAXE obtains personal information as follows:
- Request for information on its products and services , such as your name, telephone number, email address or other information entered in the request.
- Communication with EXAXE by e-mail or telephone , such as the information contained in this communication, your e-mail address, your telephone number, or other information that has been communicated.
- Recording of information associated with a customer account , namely: the computer ID; the name; the address; the email; the phone number; the profession; the workplace; being required to provide the service.
- Testimonial about its products and services , the publication of which, on the website, is made only with the approval of the author of the testimonial.
- Information from your browser to us, such as your IP address (ex: 123.456.789.012) and browser type (ex: Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox).
- Web technology [cookie] used to, collect information about your interactions with our website, improve your experience, and remember you. A cookie is a text file that is saved (with your permission) to your hard drive by a web page.
2. GOOGLE ANALYTICS
EXAXE uses Google Analytics, which is an analytics tool that helps us understand how users use our Services. This tool uses a set of cookies to collect information and compile statistics on website usage without allowing us to identify individual visitors.
3. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
EXAXE use the personal information that we collect for the purposes described below:
- For follow-up on a request for information about our products and services.
- For follow-up of communications by email or phone.
- To identify you when you access your customer account.
- To enable you to use its products and services.
- For the publication of a testimonial.
- To monitor online activity in order to protect your personal information.
- To communicate with you, including providing the information you have requested.
4. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
EXAXE is committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information. Therefore, we use several levels of protection when you access our online sites. These protections include:
- Encrypting your access data (such as your username and password).
- Monitoring access to your customer account.
- Sending confirmation and / or notification emails (if you have enabled these options).
- Controlled physical and remote access to the servers hosting the data.
The security of your terminal, from which you connect to our Site, is your responsibility.
5. LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
EXAXE collects and processes your personal information for the purposes described in point 3 of this Policy. In all cases, EXAXE collects your data, when their collection and processing are based on a legal basis.
Execution of contractual relations with EXAXE
Your data is necessary for the execution of the contract to which you or your group have subscribed or wish to subscribe and for:
- Customer management operations.
- Customer relationship monitoring.
On this contractual legal basis, any refusal to communicate your personal data will prevent the conclusion and execution of the contract.
Legitimate interests of EXAXE
EXAXE may process your personal data for the purposes of pursuing its legitimate interest, to:
- Carry out satisfaction surveys.
- Select clients for studies, surveys, product testing.
- Develop financial and commercial statistics.
To comply with legal obligation
EXAXE may, in certain circumstances, be required to disclose your personal information to regulatory authorities, the police or other government agencies.
6. SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We might possibly share some of your personal information:
- To our staff.
- To third parties who help us facilitate the provision of our services.
7. TRANSBORDER DATA FLOWS (DATA COLLECTED IN CANADA TRANSFERRED TO LOCATIONS OUTSIDE OF CANADA) AND RESTRICTED TRANSFERS (PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERS OUTSIDE OF THE EEA)
Your data is hosted on secure servers of our partners located in Canada and the United States, who were able to prove that sufficient protection measures are in place to protect your personal data.
We will not ask for your written consent and we cannot offer you alternatives, as the IT infrastructure in the cloud service provider platform and our partner services are an integral part to deliver our services.
8. RETENTION PERIODS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We keep your personal information for as long as you have an account with EXAXE and for a period of three (3) years after your last activity, or if you request the deletion of your personal information.
Cookies will be kept for a maximum of twelve (12) months, before expiration, unless you delete the cookies from your browser before the twelve (12) months period.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
The regulations on the protection of personal data recognize to the persons, whose data are collected, the possibility to exercise certain rights:
Right of access: You have the right to access your personal information through your customer account.
Right to rectification: You can modify or complete your personal information through your customer account.
Right to be forgotten: You can ask the person in charge of your group, for certain reasons, to delete your personal data. It will be up to him to tell us what he deems appropriate to delete.
Right to object: You can object at any time, for reasons related to a particular situation, to the processing of your personal data. To this end, we will invite you to contact the person in charge of your group.
Right to data portability: You can request a copy of the data that we have about you. For request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
10. EXERCISE OF YOUR RIGHTS
To exercise any of your rights, we invite you to contact us by email at email@example.com
For any request, please specify the reason for the request (exercise of the right of access, to object, or other) and the Company concerned by the request. EXAXE will send you its response within a maximum of one (1) month, upon receipt of your request. This period may however be extended by two (2) months based on the complexity and number of requests.